Tuesday 15 April 2014

The Call To Prayer

Assalamualaikum wbt.

A timelapse compilation of mosques in few places in Malaysia, shot during sunrise and sunset. For this compilation, the most fitting soundtrack would be the call to prayer itself, and I had the pleasure of choosing this Azan rendition by Muadzin Hafiz Mustafa Özcan from Turkey. Such a beautiful voice!




The Adhān (Arabic: أَذَان‎ [ʔaˈðaːn]), or Azan, Ezan, Azon (as pronounced differently in at different places), is the Islamic call to worship, recited by the muezzin at prescribed 5 times of the day.

The adhan sums up our Shahadah, the Statement Of Faith:  

"I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

Truly.

The verses of Azan and it's English Translation :

Allahu Akbar (4x)
English: Allah (God) is [the] Greatest.

Ash-hadu an-la ilaha illa Llah (2x)
English: I bear witness that there is no god except Allah.

Ash-hadu anna Muħammadan-Rasulullah (2x)
English: I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.

Hayya 'ala s-salah (2x)
English: Come to prayer.

Hayya 'ala 'l-falah (2x)
English: Come to success.

Allāhu Akbar (2x)
English: Allah is [the] Greatest.

La ilaha illa-Allah (1x)
English: There is no god except Allah.

Until my next post,
wassalam.


-----------------------------

 HDR/DRI/Timelapse personal / group workshop is available upon request. PM me for details :) 
- all rights reserved - all images/footages in this blog are copyright of the respective photographer - do not use without permission -
- contact me for information on licensing of my images and timelapse clips - 

No comments:

Post a Comment